August 29, 2011

Wolf-People and Cute Noses

It's been a long time since I posted a blog... yet again. So call it people: I'm a failure at keeping up with this. I will state for the record that a large reason for that is that I do not have a consistent internet connection due to my extreme disinterest in paying for internet. It's fine for occasional googling but writing blogs and doing anything (I'm really sorry I never reply to emails anymore. I legitimately only send one line iphone responses) that requires stability tends to be much more sketchy. Now, I'll stop with the excuses and get on with the actual blog.

What's going on, you ask? Right now absolutely nothing. Rogue and I just finished a couple hours of playing ball in the backyard and now she's rolling around in the sunshine on the floor.  The last few weeks have been a bit of a roller coaster by all accounts and giving details would just be wasteful of the few minutes I may scrounge up to type.

I will say that one thing remains very consistent: where ever I am, whatever I am doing, the crack-iest, strangest human beings find me. I was recently in NY visiting some lovely friends of mine. Upon getting off the bus at Port Authority I walked up to 42nd Street to have a smoke. As I'm standing there a guy walks up to me and looks as if he is about to touch my nose, but doesn't. he then says something that sounded like,"garble garble" I say, of course, "what?!" He turns around and says," Your nose. It's very cute." And... thank you for not touching it. NY is a wonderful place to visit but it's coated in dirt and grime and the germs of millions. I'm sorry to say that, but it's true. (So for the love of god, STOP taking lotion samples from people on the street. You're only adding to the odds of being part of a mass epidemic!) And thank you NY, for not touching my nose. I guess I should thank you for not asking me for a cigarette too because they cost a lot of money in that fair city... but wait, I spoke too soon because I did get asked for a cigarette the next day while sitting outside a pub. When I shook my empty pack and indicated that it was, well, empty the gent stared at me. I then repeated, "I'm sorry, I don't have any left" and he became very disgruntled and said angrily," I was asking for a cigarette." Ok... what part about that exchange was unclear? The visual? The explanation of the visual? I then became extremely confused and decided the best course of action was to ignore everyone and return to my beer. It was effective.

I was, for some time, attempting a vegan, gluten-free diet. If you know me you know that is impossible for me so we'll leave it at that. I did make it 10 days however, and I was proud enough of that.

I've been listening to a lot of really old blues and folk of late. And my crush on Jack White has not waned remotely.

I would like to know if a human has been successfully cloned because I have made the decision to clone myself so I will in about 20 years, have someone to date. I'd like my clone to have darker hair. That's the only stipulation. I would also like my clone to be raised by wolf-people that speak 3 languages.

On that note... this completely random blog is complete.
I swear, I'll be better... maybe.








No comments: