December 31, 2010

Ciao 2010...and back away from my rear-view mirror!

Goodbye 2010: Haven't you been a supreme pain in the ass?! 


In just a few more hours we can all pretend it did or didn't happen! Then we can all go about making it all happen, with adjustments! Wishing you all a wonderful New Year's Eve and an excellent and particularly good 2011! Remember kids: Take motrin tonight between sipping beverages at your classy parties! (see below. pilfered from google images.)



This year has been a bit of a toss up between ultimate glee and ultimate insanity. Chock full of nonsense of the best and worst sorts!  
Typically, I don't really make resolutions because I hate the idea of not completing a task at hand and resolutions are just the sort of tasks one does not complete. However, I've decided to do as such this year.  So... a list of things I'll be leaving behind and their replacement features.

1. Goodbye Belmar. Yep. I will not be frequenting your dingy, dirt floors, nor patron-ing your sopping wet bar. It's been a 12 year love affair and I am frankly, aging faster than you and your hipsters. Along with this comes...
1a. goodbye excessive whisky consumption
1b. goodbye excessive hangovers
1c. goodbye excessive exposure to binghamton's finest alcoholics and addicts
1d. in other more concise words: goodbye a large portion of the shit show currently called my life that 
is about to just be called "my life" without the shit show part!

2. Goodbye Neon. The subaru will be coming home. No, I didn't forget about it even with all of your jalopy charms. Although I will be forever grateful for your utility in times of need, I cannot say I will miss you. Except for, of course, the fiesta seating.

3. Goodbye closet full of mayhem. It's getting emptied and only filled with useful and necessary items in preparation for...

4. Goodbye Binghamton. I'll be leaving this year. It's time. You've been, as always, both excellent to me and vicious. I won't be moving back this time, although I am sure, I'll be home to see my family and friends. It's been a fun albeit tricky ride. Much love.

5. Goodbye phone and number. Yes, I think it's worn out it's welcome after all these years. It's time for a new one.

6. Goodbye no puppy pal for Rogue and hello new puppy. As soon as I move, I'm getting a new puppy pal for Rogue and I. We've earned a new pet! Perhaps a Bernese mt. dog? Ah, I dream big!

7. Goodbye to unnecessary complications/bullshit. If it requires extended and/or excessive effort on a regular basis, I'm giving it away for free at my going out of business giveaway! Act now and you can receive two complications for the price of one! That's right, that's 2 complications for the price of 1! A combined value of 8 hours of panic attacks and several weeks of WTF?! All yours! Free!          Hello peace of mind! 

8. Goodbye empty refrigerator. I'm actually eating real food this year!

9. Goodbye Born boots. I'm going to need to replace you this year. I'm shedding a tear now, and wondering if those boots could talk what would they say? Perhaps their new cousin will get it out of them...

10. Goodbye lack of exercise. Welcome back yoga and meditation. I've missed our quiet time. Don't worry, I won't be joining a gym or running any time soon! 

Happy New Year to one and all! I hope it is the best year you've ever had! Cheers!

No comments: