January 30, 2010

The Restore-Ant End of Week Tres

Progress!!! We've been making quite a bit of progress; this week's end saw some visible results!!! Yes, Like the sort you get when you actually mop the floor at home (ie: I'm a firm believer in the hands and knees sort as opposed to a mop in general) or... at closing time as opposed to utilizing the 'one hand swash buckle' you're scrubbing at it with both (I'm thinking of Silvia's "How to Mop" Lectures here.)




Things are coming together nicely! You wouldn't believe the lists our happy crew blows through on a daily basis... Everyone has been doing a really great job at keeping their spirits up and getting the job done!






Here a few snippets of going from flood zone to food zone:
We also have a few really great surprises in store...
What could they be?! Guesses are welcome...
I also have to say the guy(s) laying new tile have the patience of anyone willing to talk to me after 2 bottles of Bordeaux. I've probably never felt so in the way of someone doing something yet, so much like I wasn't exactly offending them. STAY OFF THE GREY SPOTS!!!

I'm starting to get antsy about putting it all back together! I can barely wait! If you know me, you know I am really a closet-neat freak (maybe borderline OCD- some of you will be happy to know I can sometimes make it 3 days without changing my sheets now...) and I am Sooo excited for how pristine and detailed the clean up and replacement is. Employees beware: the new sidework sheets are coming!

Thanks again for checking in on the blog and on us! Thank you to everyone out there who has been kind enough to bring us lunch! It's been incredibly helpful especially since leaving covered in paint or wood stain is no fun and we are starving by lunch every day. Thank you!!!

Until next time...
Scrappy is signing off.

p.s. I don't know what happened with the formatting in this blog. Blogger is a bit sluggish on the formatting end...

2 comments:

Pickle said...

Surprises, surprises! what will we accomplish this week? Hmmm? Looks like you left a few significant photos out?

Anonymous said...

I like it Meg! You're funny :)