September 03, 2008

Some tips for Sarah Palin

Dear Sarah Palin,
Congratulations on your vice presidential nomination, I really don't know how you did it. No, really, I have no idea. 
A few pointers:
1. Global warming actually does exist. I understand it is difficult for a woman of your caliber to make time to understand geology, physics, and ecology, but you should maybe try catching up on science before it catches up to your Grandchildren and they are fighting to survive.
2. Pipelines will not help America. Well, yes they will. For about 50 years. Wow, what a sound investment! Maybe you can go back in time and ask God while he's making the Universe if he could just ban global warming.
3. I hate to break it to you, but you won't get the votes of the women that supported Clinton. There's a large difference between you and Clinton: she knows how the government works and I have a sneaking suspicion, even knows what the Vice President does without being briefed. 
4. I am embarrassed for women and men every where, including in the US, that you are a now well-known political figure. I am thankful that you exist as an important example as to why education is important for everyone.
5. Iraq is not a playground for small town gossip. It is a real place, with real people some of whom are from the country of which you live in. War in Iraq is a violation of human rights. Oh and Iraq and the pursuit of other nations' resources are not "God's Will." Shame on you.
7. I don't think you have enough time to study to debate Joe Biden... You know, foreign policy, it's sort of a big deal. Oh and renewable energy. Oh and equal rights for all humans. Oh and our floundering economy. Oh and our dying soldiers and the dying civilians in our hands over seas. Oh and education beyond 1820. 
8. Banning books is absurd. The media loves to call Democrats Fascists but I think now we see where the real dictators are. So let me get this straight, you're anti-education?
9. Religion has no place in our Government. No religion is representative of all US citizens and should not be treated as though there is one that is. By all means, practice any religion you'd like... just keep it out of the government of which citizens pay for.
 10. Thank you for enforcing my decision vote against your party for yet another election, and for reminding me why I continue to do so.

Yours Truly,
Megan


No comments: